- A brass instrument of baritone pitch with an oval shape and upward-pointing bell, combining features of the tuba and the French horn and first used in Wagner’s Der Ring des Nibelungen.More example sentences
- Valved horns were permitted, in the light of Wagner's own equivocation about them, joining those valved horn hybrids known as Wagner tubas.
- Then there is a piano, a celesta and the two Wagner tubas, which are part of a group of fifteen wind instruments.
- His Wagner tuba was an especially fine instrument, made by the Stradivarius Gadget Works in Birmingham.
More definitions of Wagner tubaDefinition of Wagner tuba in:
- The British & World English dictionary