- A diagnostic test for syphilis using a specific antibody reaction (the Wassermann reaction) of the patient’s blood serum.More example sentences
- More sensitive than the Wassermann test, the Kahn test could be completed in a matter of minutes.
- A considerable volume of routine serologic work, notably Wassermann tests, was also accomplished.
- He returned to San Antonio, where he performed the first Wassermann tests in the state.
early 20th century: named after August P. Wassermann (1866–1925), German pathologist.
More definitions of Wassermann testDefinition of Wassermann test in:
- The British & World English dictionary