Definition of Welsh poppy in English:
A yellow- or orange-flowered European poppy of shady rocky places.
- Meconopsis cambrica, family Papaveraceae
- Forget-me-nots are easily grown, as are sweet woodruff and Welsh poppies.
- Yews and Welsh poppies announce the Field Centre. Once a Georgian mansion, now there's laboratory glass on the windowsills and computers in the lounge.
- The Snowdon lily and the Welsh poppy are neck-and-neck in Caernarvonshire.
Definition of Welsh poppy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia