A yellow- or orange-flowered European poppy of shady rocky places.
- Meconopsis cambrica, family Papaveraceae
More example sentences
- Forget-me-nots are easily grown, as are sweet woodruff and Welsh poppies.
- Yews and Welsh poppies announce the Field Centre. Once a Georgian mansion, now there's laboratory glass on the windowsills and computers in the lounge.
- The Snowdon lily and the Welsh poppy are neck-and-neck in Caernarvonshire.
Definition of Welsh poppy in:
- The British & World English dictionary