noun (plural Weltanschauungen /-SHouəNGən/)
- A particular philosophy or view of life; the worldview of an individual or group.More example sentences
- Nevertheless, public opinion supports the view that Nazism and Bolshevism are philosophies - Weltanschauungen implacably opposed to each other.
- As a reflection of the general political situation much of the press was closely affiliated with political parties and/or social classes and embodied a specific Weltanschauung, a typical world-view.
- Utopianism I here define as the search for an overarching Weltanschauung, or the embrace of a teleology, of sure and certain ‘progress.’
German, from Welt 'world' + Anschauung 'perception'.
More definitions of WeltanschauungDefinition of Weltanschauung in:
- The British & World English dictionary