- A saddle with a deep seat, high pommel and cantle, and broad stirrups.More example sentences
- He designs saddles too as he tends to prefer a more free swinging stirrup than is found on traditional Western saddles.
- Lon hurried through the ranch to the barn, saddled Weston with the worn tack that Lon had planned to use, attached the saddlebags to the Western saddle, and offered the horse a sympathetic pat on his nose.
- Using bitless bridles and Western saddles, this is a variation on natural horsemanship, based on the compassionate handling methods of early American Indians.
More definitions of Western saddleDefinition of Western saddle in:
- The British & World English dictionary