- 1A white man regarded by people of a nonwhite race as having authority over them.More example sentences
- In doing so, he revealed a preoccupation which evidently possesses his waking thoughts - that he is the great White Father, come to rescue the oppressed brown people of the world from their deprivation.
- But he's trapped in a role (Great White Father) that became obsolete about three generations ago.
- Because this isn't your Great White Father's Third World anymore.
- 2A member of the Society of Missionaries of Africa, a Roman Catholic order founded in Algiers in 1868.More example sentences
- It was further edited by a White Father missionary, Edouard Labreque, and finally published in Bemba as Ifikolwe Fyandi na Bantu Bandi (My Ancestors and My People).
- The nine mission stations of the White Fathers accounted for the bulk of European residents in 1940.
- The cruelly-bound prisoners passed the home of the White Fathers on their way to execution.
translating French Père Blanc.
More definitions of White FatherDefinition of White Father in:
- The British & World English dictionary