Definition of White Russian in English:
2A cocktail made of vodka, coffee liqueur, and milk served on ice.
- Jonnie Daniels tells me a White Russian is equal quantities of Vodka, Kahlua and milk.
- At one point a couple came in, ordered drinks - a White Russian for him, champagne for her.
- I do not drink any cocktails more complicated than Jack and Coke or a White Russian.
adjectiveBack to top
1.1Of or relating to the opponents of the Bolsheviks.
- By the end of 1930s, the Corps was an international force, with American, English, Scottish, Chinese, Italian, Jewish, Portuguese, Filipino and White Russian units.
- Its leader was a German Jew, Richard Kauder, who worked with two White Russian émigrés, Anton Turkul and Ilya Lang.
- Dunne, a silver-voiced soprano with aristocratic pretensions equal to any White Russian, had a great time in the role.
Definition of White Russian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan