- A natural or man-made site, area, or structure recognized as being of outstanding international importance and therefore as deserving special protection. Sites are nominated to and designated by the World Heritage Convention (an organization of UNESCO).More example sentences
- It was designated a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 2003.
- It is very visible, on the edge of a World Heritage Site and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Hadrian's Wall was made a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1987.
More definitions of World Heritage SiteDefinition of World Heritage Site in:
- The British & World English dictionary