Definition of Xenopus in English:
The African clawed frog, much used in embryological research and formerly in pregnancy testing, as it produces eggs in response to substances in the urine of a pregnant woman.
- Xenopus laevis, family Pipidae
- Similarly, studies on the frog Xenopus laevis show POMC mRNA expression in the same regions.
- They were first isolated from the African clawed frog, Xenopus laevis.
- The new species, X. arabiensis, differs from other Xenopus in its long maxilla and maxillary tooth row.
Definition of Xenopus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.