Definition of Xenopus in English:
The African clawed frog, much used in embryological research and formerly in pregnancy testing, as it produces eggs in response to substances in the urine of a pregnant woman.
- Xenopus laevis, family Pipidae
- Similarly, studies on the frog Xenopus laevis show POMC mRNA expression in the same regions.
- They were first isolated from the African clawed frog, Xenopus laevis.
- The new species, X. arabiensis, differs from other Xenopus in its long maxilla and maxillary tooth row.
Definition of Xenopus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan