- The quality of being Jewish; the Jewish way of life or its customs and practices.More example sentences
- The ethics of Yiddishkeit, of Jewish humanism, did not come out of the air.
- Well, together we started exploring how to connect ourselves to Jewish life, and I'm happy to say that our growing devotion to Yiddishkeit in many forms had a profound impact on one of my stepsons, who is now a Hillel Director.
- Like Sophie Tucker, the later Woody Allen and Ben Katchor, Cahan had merged Yiddishkeit with popular culture.
late 19th century: from Yiddish yidishkeyt.
More definitions of YiddishkeitDefinition of Yiddishkeit in:
- The British & World English dictionary