noun (plural same or Yizkors)
- A memorial service held by Jews on certain holy days for deceased relatives or martyrs.More example sentences
- On the Jewish holidays at the Yizkor service, I feel really good.
- The Yizkor service was instituted so that the Jew may pay homage to his forebears and recall the good life and traditional goals.
- On the day of Yizkor, one should attend services in the morning.
from Hebrew yizkōr, literally 'may (God) remember'.
More definitions of YizkorDefinition of Yizkor in:
- The British & World English dictionary