- The most solemn religious fast of the Jewish year, the last of the ten days of penitence that begin with Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year). Also called Day of Atonement.More example sentences
- God can be served not only in the solemnity of a Yom Kippur, but also in the revelry of a Purim.
- The turning point had come for him in 1913, when he'd attended a Yom Kippur service in Berlin.
- If anyone sent us a Diwali card or a Yom Kippur cracker we would be delighted, not offended.
More definitions of Yom KippurDefinition of Yom Kippur in:
- The British & World English dictionary