Definition of Yugoslav in English:
A native or inhabitant of Yugoslavia or its former constituent republics, or a person of Yugoslav descent.
- After 1918 Croatians were listed as Yugoslavs.
- Greeks, Yugoslavs and Poles were concentrated in enclaves around the suburb.
- The Serbs went south, and became known as the South Slavs, or Yugoslavs.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Yugoslavia, its former constituent republics, or its people.
- Croatia is also a lot more expensive than a lot of the other former Yugoslav republics to live in, yet this still did not send people towards begging.
- The films are the first programming to be broadcast in all six former Yugoslav republics.
- In this poor, tiny, former Yugoslav republic, where unemployment runs at 50%, there are too many similar stories.
Words that rhyme with YugoslavJugoslav
Definition of Yugoslav in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia