noun (plural same or Yukaghirs)
- 1A member of a people of Arctic Siberia.More example sentences
- The position of Yakut is now less strong, but most Yukaghirs have some command of Yakut as well.
- From the Abazians to the Yukaghirs, read about the people, tribes, dialects, and languages of Russia.
- The Yukaghir live in the northeast of Russia, in the Republic of Yakutia, above the arctic circle.
- 2The language of the Yukaghir, of uncertain affinity but possibly Uralic.More example sentences
- The number of speakers of Yukaghir has diminished greatly since these verses were collected.
adjectiveBack to top