noun (plural same or Yupiks)
- 1A member of an Eskimo people of Siberia, the Aleutian Islands, and southwestern Alaska.More example sentences
- The treeless island's residents are Yupik Eskimos with cousins in the nearby Chukotka region in Russia.
- 2Any of the Eskimo languages of the Yupik.More example sentences
- Speakers of Yupik inhabit a region consisting of southwestern Alaska and Siberia.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Yupik or their languages.More example sentences
- There's not much interest in learning the Yupik language.
from Alaskan Yupik Yup'ik 'real person'.
See Inuit (usage).
More definitions of YupikDefinition of Yupik in:
- The British & World English dictionary