noun (plural same or Yuroks)
- 1A member of an American Indian people of northern California.More example sentences
- The Yurok and Hoopa cut back on their annual quotas, to protect future runs.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Yurok or their language.More example sentences
- Their Yurok neighbors have rights along the lower 40 miles of the Klamath, from the mouth to the Trinity confluence.
- The salmon-dependent Yurok tribe ran a successful commercial fishing operation in only five of the last 15 years.
from Karok yúruk, literally 'downstream'.