(also Azande /əˈzandē/)
Definition of Zande in English:
noun (plural same or Azande)
1A member of a central African people of mixed ethnic origin.
- In Africa when the Azande prepare to fight they sit and wait for most of the day to pass.
- These people were Azande, a tribal group scattered across central Africa in the Congo, the Sudan, and the Central African Republic.
- Who's to say I'm wrong if I don't find modern physics very satisfying and would prefer the spiritual beliefs of the Azande?
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Zande or their language.
- The Simbas, however, had killed Faustino's brother, who was a paramount leader of the Azande tribe.
the name in Zande.
Definition of Zande in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan