Definition of Zande in English:
noun (plural same or Azande)
1A member of a central African people of mixed ethnic origin.
- In Africa when the Azande prepare to fight they sit and wait for most of the day to pass.
- These people were Azande, a tribal group scattered across central Africa in the Congo, the Sudan, and the Central African Republic.
- Who's to say I'm wrong if I don't find modern physics very satisfying and would prefer the spiritual beliefs of the Azande?
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Zande or their language.
- The Simbas, however, had killed Faustino's brother, who was a paramount leader of the Azande tribe.
The name in Zande.
Definition of Zande in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.