Definition of Zion in English:
1.3(In Christian thought) the heavenly city or kingdom of heaven.
- The theme then, is the fear of freedom - that maybe Nirvana / Mecca / Heaven / Zion isn't that great.
- Twenty-three years after Marley went home to Zion, he still is heralded by many as a voice for the sufferers, for the poor, for those maligned by the majority.
- It was the dull glazed look that tells you being a cashier is not a stepping stone across the river of life to Zion on the other shore; she will be a cashier in one form or another forever.
1.5The Christian Church.
- In the New Testament, Zion represents the Church.
Old English, from ecclesiastical Latin Sion, from Hebrew ṣīyōn.
Words that rhyme with ZionBrian, cyan, Gaian, Geminian, Hawaiian, ion, iron, Ixion, lion, Lyon, Mayan, Narayan, O'Brien, Orion, Paraguayan, prion, Ryan, scion, Uruguayan
Definition of Zion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan