Definition of Zionism in English:
A movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann.
- Religious, cultural, and political differences, including Zionism, divided Jewish immigrants, old and new, into numerous conflicting camps.
- The pamphlet details the history of Zionism, the political movement for a Jewish homeland.
- We diverged politically and personally as time went on, especially on issues of Jewish identity and Zionism / Israel, but remained in permanent dialogue.
- Example sentences
- Secondly, I am led to believe that you are both Zionists (from the Zionist nature of your article).
- They were joined by a new religious force - fundamentalist Apostolic and Zionist churches.
- The military needs of the political Zionists coincided with those of the religious Zionists.
Definition of Zionism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.