1A frame shaped like a capital letter A.
- They have confirmed that an underwater investigations have identified hairline fissures on the A-frame structures which support the propellor shafts.
- We followed in the footsteps of the crew along the flying walkway, passing under a large A-frame that supported the foremast.
- Team members have to move the frame with another person standing on the bar of the A-frame, by loosening and pulling on ropes at different times.
1.1North American A house built around a timber A-frame.
- A few miles away in a near-town neighborhood of lower-middle-class A-frames, several houses are decorated in familiar placards.
- Small A-frame houses, Russian orthodox churches, and many new wooden buildings went up as Russians settled the area in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- The A-frame house was the product of two years hard work; a test of the construction techniques used for the other buildings around the growing community.
Definition of A-frame in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.