- A person or thing that appears friendly or harmless but is really hostile.[with biblical allusion to Matt. 7:15]More example sentences
- But the third and potentially worst problem of all is that Dorothea is a wolf in sheep's clothing, and we divers appear to be exceedingly gullible!
- Although few would have suspected that Page was actually a wolf in sheep's clothing, the presenter is set to stop his fee payments this month in protest at what he claims is a BBC bias against rural Britain.
- Vancouverites have quickly cottoned on to the fact they'd been fooled into electing a wolf in sheep's clothing in their rush to promote the former cop to the top political office in the City.
More definitions of a wolf in sheep's clothingDefinition of a wolf in sheep's clothing in:
- The British & World English dictionary