- From the beginning (used chiefly in formal or legal contexts): the agreement should be declared void ab initioMore example sentences
- Enormous as the difference undoubtedly is between these faculties in the two cases, the difference is conceded not to be one existing ab initio.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Starting from the beginning: he was instructing ab initio pilotsMore example sentences
- While ab initio prediction is clearly the most difficult, it is arguably the most useful approach.
- It is likely that the ab initio approaches will help reduce some of the limitations of comparative modeling.
- The first ab initio candidates will be selected by the middle of next month.
early 17th century: Latin.