- Facing away from the stem of a plant (especially denoting the lower surface of a leaf). The opposite of adaxial.More example sentences
- The environments of the adaxial and abaxial leaf surface differ in many ways.
- The abaxial surface of the leaf was painted with nail varnish to obtain a transparent surface mould.
- The locations of each cell type on the abaxial or adaxial leaf epidermis are shown in Fig.1.
More definitions of abaxialDefinition of abaxial in:
- The British & World English dictionary