- Relating to the abdomen: abdominal painMore example sentences
- The most common complaint is headache, followed by recurrent abdominal pain and musculoskeletal pain.
- If perforation occurs in the stomach or intestines, fever and abdominal pain and tenderness may develop.
- Girls with ovarian tumors may have abdominal pain and masses that can be felt in the abdomen.
noun(usually abdominals) Back to top
- An abdominal muscle.More example sentences
- Remember that abdominals are muscles, just like triceps, biceps, pecs and lats.
- I can boast coconut deltoids, pulsating pectorals, bulging biceps and six pack abdominals.
- More advanced students use their abdominals and thigh muscles to keep their legs extended.
- More example sentences
- The authors conclude that hysterectomy should be performed vaginally rather than abdominally where possible.
- Abdominally obese respondents were more often exhausted and experienced problems with sweating and depressive symptoms.
- In contrast to men with elevated BMI, abdominally obese participants reported low self-esteem.