Definition of abiding in English:
(Of a feeling or a memory) lasting a long time; enduring: he had an abiding respect for her
More example sentences
- He can never hope for lasting human contacts: abiding love, enduring friendship.
- But one abiding feeling displayed by all, despite the circumstances, had to be optimism and an admirable acceptance.
- However, there is some wine that does, triggering a deep and abiding feeling of well-being that is more than simple pleasure.
- [as submodifier]: an abidingly mysterious qualityMore example sentences
- The problem may be abidingly poor translation and localization of documents.
- Moreover, the fragmentary form reveals an abidingly mysterious quality in even the most conventional texts of classic Hollywood.
- Surely the Levites did not imagine their work to be so abidingly important.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.