- An able-bodied seaman.More example sentences
- Among them was 81-year-old Calpin, who served as an able seaman with the Royal Navy during the Normandy landings.
- Mr Reynolds, an able seaman from 1944 to 1946 in corvettes and LST 3035, came from Adelaide to attend the reunion.
- Alongside them is Monkman, who as an able seaman aboard HMS Tyler helped safely escort convoys of troops across the English Channel.
More definitions of able seamanDefinition of able seaman in:
- The British & World English dictionary