- Having a full range of physical or mental abilities; not disabled. See also differently abled.More example sentences
- These mainstream messages must be challenged continually, and both abled and disabled women who ostracize those who do not fit culturally defined standards of disability must be confronted.
- Do disabled men date mostly disabled or abled women?
- The recent ploy of opening up that same double-price offer to abled as well as disabled people means they have simply constructed another disabling barrier.
1980s: back-formation from disabled.
More definitions of abledDefinition of abled in:
- The British & World English dictionary