noun (plural abnormalities)
- 1An abnormal feature, characteristic, or occurrence, typically in a medical context: a chromosome abnormalityMore example sentences
- This is because scientists look for abnormalities in chromosomes but cannot find any in these patients.
- These abnormalities are caused by defects in the genes that tell the cells how to make collagen.
- Some experts also say that cleft lip and palate may be a marker for a multitude of severe congenital abnormalities.
- 1.1The quality or state of being abnormal.More example sentences
- There are other ‘grey areas’ where the legality of abortion for fetal abnormality could be questioned.
- It puts the case for late abortion and abortion for fetal abnormality, and refutes the claim that abortion is a threat to women's mental and physical health.
- Questions on mental abnormality are quite common in examinations.