Definition of abnormality in English:
noun (plural abnormalities)
1An abnormal feature, characteristic, or occurrence, typically in a medical context: a chromosome abnormality
More example sentences
- This is because scientists look for abnormalities in chromosomes but cannot find any in these patients.
- These abnormalities are caused by defects in the genes that tell the cells how to make collagen.
- Some experts also say that cleft lip and palate may be a marker for a multitude of severe congenital abnormalities.
1.1The quality or state of being abnormal.
- There are other ‘grey areas’ where the legality of abortion for fetal abnormality could be questioned.
- It puts the case for late abortion and abortion for fetal abnormality, and refutes the claim that abortion is a threat to women's mental and physical health.
- Questions on mental abnormality are quite common in examinations.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.