- A plant hormone that promotes leaf detachment, induces seed and bud dormancy, and inhibits germination.More example sentences
- Of particular interest here is the amphipathic plant hormone abscisic acid.
- Subsequently, a signal transduction cascade involving at least four plant hormones, ethylene, auxin, abscisic acid, and gibberellic acid, is activated.
- When conditions are otherwise in favour of producing the submerged type morphology, an exogenous supply of the plant hormone abscisic acid at an optimal concentration induces aerial type characteristics.
1960s: abscisic from the earlier name for the hormone abscisin, from abscission.
More definitions of abscisic acidDefinition of abscisic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary