- Instrumental music composed purely as music, and not intended to represent or illustrate something else. Compare with program music.More example sentences
- Indeed, throughout her life Beach never wavered from her deep belief in absolute music as a force for moral redemption - however anachronistic this would come to appear in the more disturbed decades after the First World War.
- As Chua advances into the nineteenth century, the paradoxes and ambiguities concerning the nature of absolute music pile up, to considerable dramatic effect.
- Some musicologists might argue that the Inventions fall into a category of absolute music.
More definitions of absolute musicDefinition of absolute music in:
- The British & World English dictionary