- 1The ability to recognize the pitch of a note or produce any given note; perfect pitch.More example sentences
- A person with perfect or absolute pitch will find this easier.
- If I had not perfect but absolute pitch as you call it, if I had it as a baby, can I maintain it by taking up music?
- They found he had absolute pitch, and a remarkable memory.
- 1.1Pitch according to a fixed standard defined by the frequency of the sound vibration.More example sentences
- In other words, Movable Do abandons any sense of absolute pitch to achieve relative pitch.
- A musician who has mastered Fixed Do and acquired nearly absolute pitch is able to grasp an entire musical phrase at once.
- Now speaking of tone languages and just absolute pitch, it involves relative pitch and noticing intonation contours and all sorts of other complicated things too.
More definitions of absolute pitchDefinition of absolute pitch in:
- The British & World English dictionary