- The energy of ionizing radiation absorbed per unit mass by a body, often measured in rads.More example sentences
- The severity of symptoms depends on the absorbed dose of radiation by the exposed area of the body.
- The dose equivalent in rems is numerically equal to the absorbed dose in rads multiplied by the quality factor, which, for most medical radiation, is one.
- The corresponding absorbed dose from photons released in the BNC reaction is considered to be negligible as calculated by Monte Carlo code MCNP4C.
More definitions of absorbed doseDefinition of absorbed dose in:
- The British & World English dictionary