- A noun denoting an idea, quality, or state rather than a concrete object: the website contains considerably more abstract nouns than hard factsMore example sentences
- Abstract nouns are all liable to be hijacked and twisted, by people of all political ideas.
- It's only because I did Latin and Greek that I know what an abstract noun is; no-one else in school was going to tell me.
- This mannered floridity of diction, accompanied by the persistent capitalization of abstract nouns, was to become a distinguishing and disfiguring feature of Bulwer's prose.
More definitions of abstract nounDefinition of abstract noun in:
- The British & World English dictionary