noun (plural abuelos)US
- (In Spanish-speaking areas) one’s grandfather: breakfast tortillas topped with chili sauce, onion, and cheese—just the way my abuelo liked itMore example sentences
- As the eldest of eleven grandchildren, he asks me to say grace. I know my abuelo will be proud when I recite the prayer I wrote.
- Being of Mexican descent, I have an abuelo of my own.
- It's an amazing little Cuban place where most the servers remind you of your abuela and most the cooks remind you of your abuelo.
More definitions of abueloDefinition of abuelo in:
- The British & World English dictionary