Definition of abuser in English:
noun[usually with modifier]
1Someone who regularly or habitually abuses someone or something, in particular.
- Human rights abusers abuse laws, rules, and regulations.
- But for that optimistic hope to be realized, the UN would need to have enforceable powers over corporate polluters and human - rights abusers.
- I made photographs of what I saw and freely accepted my bias, using it to make heroic portraits of people with AIDS and critical images of their political and social abusers.
1.1Someone who makes excessive use of alcohol or illegal drugs: intravenous drug abusers
More example sentences
- But isn't it also lifestyle discrimination to charge higher premiums to smokers, airplane pilots, drug and alcohol abusers, and drunk drivers?
- Active drug and alcohol abusers, for instance, aren't acceptable candidates.
- Especially vulnerable to the threat of abuse are children who reside in homes with drug and alcohol abusers.
Definition of abuser in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan