noun[usually with modifier]
- 1Someone who regularly or habitually abuses someone or something, in particular.More example sentences
- Human rights abusers abuse laws, rules, and regulations.
- But for that optimistic hope to be realized, the UN would need to have enforceable powers over corporate polluters and human - rights abusers.
- I made photographs of what I saw and freely accepted my bias, using it to make heroic portraits of people with AIDS and critical images of their political and social abusers.
- 1.1Someone who makes excessive use of alcohol or illegal drugs: intravenous drug abusersMore example sentences
- But isn't it also lifestyle discrimination to charge higher premiums to smokers, airplane pilots, drug and alcohol abusers, and drunk drivers?
- Active drug and alcohol abusers, for instance, aren't acceptable candidates.
- Especially vulnerable to the threat of abuse are children who reside in homes with drug and alcohol abusers.
More definitions of abuserDefinition of abuser in:
- The British & World English dictionary