A herbaceous plant or shrub of the mallow family, native to warm climates and typically bearing showy yellow, red, or mauve flowers.
- Genus Abutilon, family Malvaceae
More example sentences
- The rest of the garden is filled with shade- and sun-loving subtropical and Mediterranean plants - abutilon, bougainvillea, datura, giant bird of paradise, and princess flower (Tibouchina).
- Planted beneath it, and in the matching raised bed across the runnel, is a collection of bold and textural plants such as abutilon, acanthus, agapanthus, and Tasmanian tree fern.
- Star jasmine trained in a diamond pattern against the wall, yellow clivia, and dwarf abutilon in hanging baskets add interest lower down.
modern Latin, from Arabic ūbūṭīlūn 'Indian mallow'.
More definitions of abutilonDefinition of abutilon in:
- The British & World English dictionary