Definition of acanthodian in English:
A small spiny-finned, jawed fossil fish of a group found chiefly in the Devonian period.
- Class (or subclass) Acanthodii
- The first jawed fish in the fossil record are the acanthodians, which first occur in the Late Silurian.
- But the treasure I did find was in the form of a beautifully preserved large set of fossil fish jaws belonging to an acanthodian.
- In addition, there are archaic elements, such as the antiarch and arthrodire placoderms as well as acanthodians.
Definition of acanthodian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.