Definition of accomplished in English:
1Highly trained or skilled: an accomplished pianist
More example sentences
- Claire is an accomplished pianist while Carthage plays clarinet, piano, flute and guitar.
- An accomplished pianist, Edward Said wrote some of the most surprising and sharp essays on music.
- The 12 th marquis was an accomplished jazz pianist and his elder son likes to chill out with his guitar.
expert, skilled, skillful, masterly, successful, virtuoso, master, consummate, complete, proficient, talented, gifted, adept, adroit, deft, dexterous, able, good, competent, capable, efficient, experienced, seasoned, trained, practiced, professional, polished, ready, apt
1.1 dated Having a higher level of education than average and good social skills.
- Less accomplished students are able to work with an educational assistant.
- Not only is he an assured manager, he is accomplished, astute, admirably able.
- These are some of the most intellectually accomplished Indian women of our time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan