1A person or thing that accumulates something: he’s a voracious accumulator of economic facts and data rugs are the greatest accumulators of dust and dirt in every house
More example sentences
- A keen accumulator of money, he has always used the media for his own ends - without, it must be said, making a single enemy.
- US assets will need to get cheap enough or offer high enough yields to keep foreigners willing holders and accumulators of US assets.
- Solar radiation passing through the facade is absorbed by water-cooled ceiling panels and the energy transported through a heat exchanger to a heat accumulator.
2 Computing A register used to contain the results of an arithmetical or logical operation.
- This information in conjunction with steering logic and accumulator registers is used to control the steering and storing of the frame data as it passes through the DMAC to the transmit buffer or from the receive buffer.
- High data protection and data integrity with ECC (error correction counters) in cache memory and accumulator memories.
- 24-bit MAC with a 56-bit accumulator with capabilities for double precision modes when necessary
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of accumulator in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.