noun[treated as singular] (or plural the accused)
- A person or group of people who are charged with or on trial for a crime: the accused was ordered to stand trial on a number of chargesMore example sentences
- There can be no trial at all unless the accused is fit both to plead and to stand trial.
- Immediately after the robbery the accused had left his home and could not be found by the police.
- These are not cases where the accused has caused death while in an involuntary state.
More definitions of accusedDefinition of accused in:
- The British & World English dictionary