- A toxic odoriferous liquid, used as a solvent in high-performance liquid chromatography.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: methyl cyanide; chemical formula: CH3CN
- We have also carried out measurements with mixtures of water and acetonitrile, a solvent that is a hydrogen bond acceptor.
- The organic solvents used in the present study were n-butanol, acetonitrile, methanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, and isobutanol.
- The mycotoxin then can be eluted from the column by washing with an organic solvent such as methanol or acetonitrile.
More definitions of acetonitrileDefinition of acetonitrile in:
- The British & World English dictionary