- A condition in which the muscles of the lower part of the esophagus fail to relax, preventing food from passing into the stomach.More example sentences
- This case also illustrates the therapeutic dilemma if surgery fails in patients with achalasia.
- If endoscopy shows no obvious abnormality a diagnosis of a primary motility disturbance of the oesophagus such as achalasia should be considered.
- Patients with achalasia typically present with dysphagia to solids and liquids.
More definitions of achalasiaDefinition of achalasia in:
- The British & World English dictionary