- 1Recognized as being good or important: he’s an acknowledged expert in the field an acknowledged comedy geniusMore example sentences
- An acknowledged Paris expert, she is also the author of the Paris Entry to the Encarta Encylopaedia and contributes to radio, television and magazines.
- Eccles was, therefore, more than a scientific giant, rightly acknowledged by his Nobel Prize.
- Much that is included is covered elsewhere (to be fair, this is probably acknowledged by the book's good bibliography).
- 1.1Accepted as valid or legitimate: an acknowledged brand leaderMore example sentences
- All data obtained from primary/secondary sources should be properly acknowledged.
- Arbitrariness in land acquisition for the project is a widely acknowledged fact.
- In the nationalist camp, by contrast, the plight of the Jews was either never acknowledged or even viewed with outright contempt.