Definition of acorn barnacle in English:
A stalkless barnacle that attaches itself to a variety of surfaces including rocks, ships, and marine animals. Large numbers of individuals may form a heavy encrustation that can affect the progress of a ship.
- Genus Balanus, family Balanidae
- Chthamalus anisopoma is a mid-intertidal acorn barnacle distributed throughout the Gulf of California.
- Limpets and acorn barnacles are the most important food items on the wintering grounds of the Black Turnstone.
- Here we will find acorn barnacles, mussels, crabs, and sea stars.
Definition of acorn barnacle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan