- A winter squash, typically of a dark green variety, with a longitudinally ridged rind.More example sentences
- For winter use the little acorn squash is ideal, and there are many ways they may be prepared.
- I also brought in actual vegetables: acorn squash, butternut squash, artichokes, red, green and yellow peppers, eggplant and several others with which even I wasn't familiar.
- Returning to the house, we found Martha preparing a warming dinner of lentil soup with shavings of white cheddar, roasted acorn squash with sliced apples, and aforementioned bread.
More definitions of acorn squashDefinition of acorn squash in:
- The British & World English dictionary