- A bright orange-red dye derived from acridine, used as an antiseptic.More example sentences
- Compared with cytotoxic photoprotectants like herberine, palmatine and acriflavine, the anionic dyes have no adverse effects up to a concentration of 1 M.
- All the respiratory-deficient mutants previously isolated in our laboratory have been induced by treatment with acriflavine or ethidium bromide.
- Some acriflavine added as a bacterial prophylactic.
More definitions of acriflavineDefinition of acriflavine in:
- The British & World English dictionary