- 1(Of synthetic resins and textile fibers) made from polymers of acrylic acid or acrylates: a red acrylic sweaterMore example sentences
- Six families were evacuated from their homes as the blaze destroyed a spinning room and warehouse full of acrylic fibres.
- Synthetic stuccos consist of sand suspended in a mixture of acrylic polymer, latex and pigments.
- The fuel is a coating of an acrylic polymer or a droplet of water that sits on the foil.
- 1.1Of, relating to, or denoting paints based on acrylic resin as a medium: acrylic colors an acrylic paintingMore example sentences
- Sculpted of polyurethane resin and acrylic paint, the tableau rests on a shallow platform about 23 feet long and 14 feet wide.
- The gallery will present his reproductions painted in not only watercolor, but also gouache and acrylic paints.
- Altered with gesso, acrylic paint, black and flesh-pink tar gel as well as collage, the pages of her diary were installed along a wall in a four-part grid.
nounBack to top
- 1An acrylic textile fiber: a sweater in four-ply acrylicMore example sentences
- Made from a blend of virgin wool, acrylic and polyester, this jersey will surely yield a perfect fit.
- Are we depleting our supplies of rayon and acrylic?
- The canopy on an F - 18 Hornet is made of stretched acrylic.
- 2 (often acrylics) An acrylic paint: washes of white acrylicMore example sentences
- Nai focuses on flowers and paints in a variety of media, including watercolors, gouache, acrylics, oils and tempera.
- Levine has been a lifelong artist who deals with the abstract in his photography, watercolors, oils, acrylics, mixed media and metal sculpture.
- The company deals in originals, oils, acrylics, watercolors and serigraphs.
More definitions of acrylicDefinition of acrylic in:
- The British & World English dictionary