- A pungent liquid organic acid that can be polymerized to make synthetic resins.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH2CH=COOH
- For example, plasma polymerisation of a small carboxylate-containing organic compound such as acrylic acid produces surfaces bearing carboxylic acid groups.
- The researchers created the material by modifying existing hydrogels consisting of acrylic acid, acrylamide, and a polypyrrole/carbon black (Ppy / CB) composite.
- Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.
- More example sentences
- The crystalline film is composed of a polystyrene core surrounded by a shell of polybutyl acrylate.
- The first material is acrylate, a highly absorbent material that gels with exudate fluid and is capable of absorbing up to 300 times its own weight.
- Available in a variety of formulations, the company's UV-cured acrylate adhesives are certified to USP Class VI and ISO 10933 specifications.
More definitions of acrylic acidDefinition of acrylic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary