Definition of acrylic acid in English:
A pungent liquid organic acid that can be polymerized to make synthetic resins.
- For example, plasma polymerisation of a small carboxylate-containing organic compound such as acrylic acid produces surfaces bearing carboxylic acid groups.
- The researchers created the material by modifying existing hydrogels consisting of acrylic acid, acrylamide, and a polypyrrole/carbon black (Ppy / CB) composite.
- Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.
- Example sentences
- The crystalline film is composed of a polystyrene core surrounded by a shell of polybutyl acrylate.
- The first material is acrylate, a highly absorbent material that gels with exudate fluid and is capable of absorbing up to 300 times its own weight.
- Available in a variety of formulations, the company's UV-cured acrylate adhesives are certified to USP Class VI and ISO 10933 specifications.
Definition of acrylic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan