- The minimum quantity of energy that the reacting species must possess in order to undergo a specified reaction.More example sentences
- The energy that is required to activate molecules for a chemical reaction is the activation energy of the reaction.
- In addition, to cause a reaction the colliding reactant molecules must surpass a minimum energy termed the activation energy and, in many cases, the reactant molecules must have a certain spatial orientation with respect to each other.
- Chemical reactions require a minimum or threshold energy, called the activation energy.
More definitions of activation energyDefinition of activation energy in:
- The British & World English dictionary