- The policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change.More example sentences
- They encouraged political activism by organising and advertising demonstrations and protests.
- This is a brilliant merging of mainstream film production and political activism.
- As is often the norm, university was the beginning of my serious political activism.
- More example sentences
- Local government union activists are arguing to come out again on the same day as the teachers.
- Ray is known as a committed peace activist who also opposes privatisation.
- He was a lawyer and a trade union activist, a campaigner for human rights and democracy.
More definitions of activismDefinition of activism in:
- The British & World English dictionary